Monthly Archives: November 2012

If I have a Minnesota Workers’ Compensation Case, can I Sue the Company for an Unsafe Workplace or Under an OSHA Violation?

Minnesota workers’ compensation is typically an exclusive remedy. In other words, you cannot sue the employer for damages but must file a claim for workers’ compensation benefits. Despite having the workers’ compensation claim, you can still file a complaint with OSHA regarding the employer’s conduct. The Occupational and Safety Health Act (OSHA) was established to […]

Do I need a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer to Represent me for my Injury, Even if my Claim is Small?

In most cases, the most pressing need for a lawyer comes when benefits are being denied. Even in cases when the denial involves a small amount of money or tiny bill, it is still money or benefits that are owed to you. In workers’ compensation cases, the law is set up to assist injured workers […]