MN Social Security Disability Attorneys| How do I Apply for Social Security Disability Benefits?
There are three ways in which you can apply for Social Security disability insurance benefits, including:
- You can apply online.
- You can call the Social Security office at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY: 1-800-325-0778) and a representative can assist you with your application over the phone.
- You can visit your local Social Security office and apply in-person.
Whichever method you decide on, you need to fill out an application, including an Adult Disability Report.
Information that Social Security will need will include:
- Your Social Security number and proof of age.
- Name, addresses, and phone numbers of doctors, case workers, hospitals and clinics where you treated and dates of your visits.
- Medications, including the names and dosages.
- Medical records from your doctors, including therapists, hospitals and clinics that you have in your possession.
- Laboratory and test results.
- Summary of where you have worked, type of work you have done.
- Information about any workers’ compensation claims, including name, address, phone number for the insurance company.
- Social Security numbers and proof of age for family members who may qualify for benefits.
- Proof of marriage, if your spouse is applying for benefits for those dates of prior marriages.
While the Social Security Administration allows for anyone to apply for Social Security disability insurance benefits, the process can be intimidating and overwhelming. We at the Law Office of Thomas Mottaz are willing to assist you in the application process. We will take the necessary steps to meet with you and gather the requisite information to provide to Social Security Administration.
Please feel free to contact our office for a free, no-hassle consultation at (763) 421-8226 or fill out the contact form.
Call us now at 855-354-2667. It is a free call with free advice.
TALK TO OUR LAWYERS TODAY
3340 Northdale Blvd. NW, #140
Coon Rapids, MN 55448
Phone: (763) 421-8226
Fax: (763) 421-8362